An Acrostic Movie List
This popped up on Twitter a while back, and I realized I had to think about it a little bit. Then it got lost in drafts when I decided I'd rather write it up than get caught trying to craft a tweet like a nerd.
The idea is that you list a favorite movie for each letter in your name, so here goes.
- Dark City (dir. Alex Proyas, 1998)
- Escape from New York (dir. John Carpenter, 1981)
- Night of the Living Dead (dir. George A. Romero, 1968)
- M (dir. Fritz Lang, 1931)
- Children of Men (dir. Alfonso Cuarón, 2006)
- Hot Fuzz (dir. Edgar Wright, 2007)
- Evil Dead 2 (dir. Sam Raimi, 1987)
- North by Northwest (dir. Alfred Hitchcock, 1959)
- Rushmore (dir. Wes Anderson, 1998)
- Young Frankenstein (dir. Mel Brooks, 1974)
The next logical step is a list of the best movies of my lifetime. That gives me a great opportunity to start with a film that won't fit in my name: The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (dir. John Cassavetes, 1976). And I was going to sleep!